About this Blog

This blog is made by Sis. Fjeldsted's family to keep you updated with all her experiences! She reported March 20th and we will see her again a year and a half later. We are so excited she can serve the people of Arcadia and we hope you find enjoyment and upliftment in her letters.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

5/13/13


Dear Family and friends,
This last Friday was transfer calls and I knew for the past week that I was getting transferred even before I got the call. My first companion was only out on the mission for six weeks so I was like there's no way they could send me out to train yet or anything with such a new trainer even though Sister Baum was awesome and we were great and worked hard together. But I just didn't know enough yet about being on a mission or anything. So when we got the call I totally knew I was going already. Sister Baum also felt that one of us was getting transferred. So my new companion is.... (drumroll please). Sister Fleming! Sister Fleming and I are the only Sister missionaries in the whole mission from Minnesota. How funny is that! And we both went to BYU-I and we both have the same middle name and have all these random things in common. It's her very last transfer and then she will go home. She will finish my training  She's also a sister trainer for the first time which is like a zone leader for the sisters. I'm really excited to be with her her last transfer to work hard with her and learn a lot from her. I really want to work hard and do all that I can. If it isn't a sacrifice and it isn't hard I won't grow and other's won't benefit from me either. I'm sure between us both having gone to BYU-I and both being from MN we probably know a lot of the same people. Our family probably even knows families they do. Her family is from Rochester and her dad is the bishop.
This week, the last week I was in Pasadena we didn't have too much success. We had to get treated again for bed bugs which is a like 5 hour prep process and really takes a hit on our missionary work for that entire day. I'm sad to be leaving Alexandria but she should be baptized here in this next transfer and sister Flemming had also taught her so she and I can hopefully come to her baptism. I am so excited for her. It will help her for the rest of her life, this is exactly what she needs. There's also a lot of potential where we left off together so I'm excited to hear about what happens with sister Baum and Sister Ward (the one who is now in my spot).
The area I'm in now is called La Canada (not like the country Canada but rather a Mexican word that rhymes with pinada). It's a very nice and extremely affluent area (we're talking like upscale from Beverly Hills and such) that's beautiful and kind of up in the mountains. Sister Flemming told me that there's potential right now with some investigators so I'm really excited. Unfortunately most every person I taught in my last area either dropped us or we had to drop them due to mental instability which has been really too bad. I'm not discouraged though because even if they can't now or didn't choose to accept our message at this time they will be all the more prepared later on.
I've been trying very hard lately to really get into the work. To have my whole heart in it. If you go on the mission for the culture, the good times, having fun new companions, learning a new language, or any of that stuff you will fail. That sounds harsh, but it just won't work out. I think that's one reason I got sent to the U.S. English speaking is because of pride. I didn't realize it until I got here but I have a problem with that. Not that I think I'm better than everyone else or anything like that but pride in a sense that I want to get things out of what I do and I want to pick my way in life. Humility is the opposite and saying I will go wherever you need me Heavenly Father and build up the kingdom wherever I am and if that means not having this great adventure I was hoping for or getting to learn a new language than that's the way it must be. I know I have a long ways to go and I hate to think that I am not humble but at least I know where to start and what I need to work on. It has been a blessing though to know some Spanish. It has helped me on several occasions.
Well family, it was so fun skyping on mother's day and I love you all so much. I hope you have a great birthday mom. I love you and I hope your day is wonderful! Work hard and stay true. Pray always. Heavenly Father listens and answers prayers when we listen and have the faith and trust to pray to him often with the sincerity of our hearts.
Love, Sister Chelsey Fjeldsted

No comments:

Post a Comment