About this Blog

This blog is made by Sis. Fjeldsted's family to keep you updated with all her experiences! She reported March 20th and we will see her again a year and a half later. We are so excited she can serve the people of Arcadia and we hope you find enjoyment and upliftment in her letters.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

5/1/13


Dear Family, Friends and whoever reads this,
First of all family, sorry you didn't hear from me on Monday, my usual P-day. We went to the temple this week, today actually and so our P-day became today but I'm very much well and alive. Mother's day is coming up which means I get to skype home! I'll skype at 1pm my time if that works but maybe it won't... Let me know by next Monday what time church is there and what time here I should skype. I get one hour by the way.
This week was interesting. It went by really fast I don't even remember everything that we did. It was actually a bit of a bummer but all is well.
We dropped Swaggs Bangbang :( He didn't come to church so we stopped by his home that night and his dad said sorry we're just going to focus on our own religion for now. It was pretty sad though because I know that the gospel would bless his life so much as well as his family but we said okay here's our number let us know if you change your mind and ever are interested. We also had a few appointments that people didn't show up and someone for a church tour that didn't show. We also got a new investigator this week, but that didn't work out... His name is Steve. And we lost him at church. Oops. He came to church on Sunday and stayed all three hours but then when it was time for him to go home with the ride we got him, we couldn't find him! We looked and looked and finally told his ride to just go home and if we found him we'd find someone else to take him home. So Sister Baum are looking all over the church, outside in the bushes, looked in every room and no Steve. We stayed until the hour after church got out then finally gave up and went home. We felt like the worst missionaries in the world. I mean, who looses their investigators! We felt a little bit better when we mentioned this at correlation meeting and our ward mission leader brought up the fact that he's an adult and responsible for himself. Well, as it turns out he's in a mental home of sorts so maybe some what responsible..? Oops. We stopped by his place to see what happen and he didn't even tell us but just that he wasn't interested anymore. I guess we'll never know what happened to good old Steve. Oh well. Then we had to also drop Steve.
In other bad news our investigator that was going to be baptized a few weeks ago has officially ran out of money to stay at the motel she'd been at so she's officially homeless. As of last night she will be sleeping in the park. It just breaks my heart. I want so much to fix everything but as missionaries we just can't. We've spent hours though looking in penny savers, making calls, looking at departments (when really as missionaries we should be spending our time elsewhere but we just don't want her to have to live on the streets and she has no car or means to do much of that kind of thing on her own). And what's worse is that she hasn't been progressing too much. She hasn't been reading the scriptures and doesn't really seem to care. Life is so hard. I wish so badly she had a family and a home. And she's young too! She's only 22. I am so blessed. Actually compared to her I'm a spoiled brat. The Lord has blessed me so richly in my life. Missions are hard but worth every minute. We'll find someone. I have faith.
This morning was wonderful. We got the opportunity to go to the L.A. temple. Apparently it's one of the biggest in the world. If you've never heard of it google L.A. LDS or Mormon temple. It's so pretty! It was a wonderful experience and I'm so excited to get back to missionary work with a fresh view and perspective and rededicate my self to the work. I love the Lord and his children and I'm so blessed to be here. Never forget that even if you have a rough day you will always have countless blessings. The Lord will never forget you.
Work hard. Serve others. Love much. Have a great week and I'll write again soon!
Love,
sister Fjeldsted
Pictures:
the flowers were from an older couple in the ward. they cut roses from their garden and gave them to us. The Jugants. They have lived in Korea and Hong Kong and know Eliene Bradford's family!
On the way back from the temple (which is in L.A.) we drove through Hollywood. We drove on Sunset Blvd and Hollywood Blvd


No comments:

Post a Comment