About this Blog

This blog is made by Sis. Fjeldsted's family to keep you updated with all her experiences! She reported March 20th and we will see her again a year and a half later. We are so excited she can serve the people of Arcadia and we hope you find enjoyment and upliftment in her letters.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

7/15/13

It's been another good week. I've really been tried and tested this week. I've had some difficult things happen but I know that in the end that the message we carry is true and no matter what happens or if things fall through or if it seems like no one here is supporting us and everyone is against us that everything will be for our good. We finally have a progressing investigator and she should have a baptismal date this week! I am so happy! I think that while on my mission here I may not have many baptisms but I think I'm supposed to be here to be an example- to other missionaries, the ward, and the people we teach. That my example will effect others and they may remember my actions, and words, and deeds, that I did what Christ would have me do even if no one else around me was. Personal worthiness, desire, and testimony aren't always correlated with number of baptisms. It can be easy to get down when it seems like you haven't done anything or had any baptisms but some of the best missionaries don't even have any or just a few. I think I'm here to be an example and to be a leader and there may only be a few along the way that will accept this message, but that doesn't mean I'm not doing the right thing. It has really taught me complete trust in the Lord and His timing and that we are to never ever feel entitled to anything. Sometimes in life we work our heads off and nothing happens but we learned a lot along the way and others learned from us and all we can do is repent and move forward. I have also been learning some about Godly sorrow. Every night I pray for my investigators and every morning I study for them hoping and praying that their faith will grow and that I will be a better tool in helping them come unto Christ but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Or at least not right away. This is probably just a tiny bit of what Heavenly Father feels. Sometimes we stray and don't repent and He just aches for us and it was nothing He did wrong. We must always trust Him and trust that even when we're doing all we can and it seems like nothing is working out that He knows us and He is still there and still cares. I have a feeling I'll be in La Canada for quite a while. There's something I need to do, some kind of impact I need to make here and I'm not sure I'll ever know what it is but Heavenly Father does and I trust in Him. Thanks for all of your love, support, and letters. Have a fun week!
Love, Sister Chelsey Fjeldsted

No comments:

Post a Comment